- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Our web server automatically recognizes the visitor’s domain name (not the email address) and records the visitor’s browser and platform type (i.e. Safari browser on a Microsoft platform).
- Record the visitor’s session information (such as the visitor’s shopping selections when ordering)
- Record user-specific information on the pages the visitor selects for viewing
When a visitor gives us their email address, or sends us email correspondence, we retain their email address. We do not share our email lists with third parties for marketing purposes. We use email addresses to communicate with you regarding your order and other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us. We may also use your email address to share information about Philips’ Clock Shop products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional messages from us at any time. If we do send you a promotional email, you will be given the opportunity to decline receiving similar emails in the future. If you wish to decline receiving such emails in the future, e-mail us and let us know.
We retain information provided by our visitor, such as registration information, transaction information (i.e., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) and contact information (i.e., name, address, phone number). Our visitors have the ability to access this information and correct any inaccuracies. To do so, click here and go to your account. Upon request and with verification, we will provide the visitor a reminder with unique identifier information (i.e., password).
If you request a catalogue to be mailed to your postal address, you will be placed on our mailing list and you will receive periodic mailings from us. We do not share our mailing lists with other vendors.
Philips’ Clock Shop does not have arrangements with any ad server companies for this website.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer data exchanged with our website server. All other data transfer is conducted through a secure phone line.
If required by law, court order or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise advisable, we may disclose your information.